The Caring Center accepts monetary donations online
The Caring Center relies entirely on the generous donations and aid from its supporters to provide assistance to those in need.
The Caring Center and all of its programs are solely funded by individual donations and any grants that may come available. Unfortunately the need for The Caring Center's programs is increasing. Volunteers and donations are of the utmost importance.
Food, Clothing, Household & Services
Each month we publish a list of special items that are needed that month, please check The Caring Center Monthly Needs page to view those items.
Drop Off Locations for Food Pantry Donations
We have several locations in the community where food pantry donations may be dropped off:
- The Caring Center (1230 Ransdell Court, Lebanon, Indiana 46052) - a drop off site for perishable and non-perishable food (hours are listed at the bottom of this page). Food donations can be dropped off at the first door on the side of the building.
- Akard True Value Hardware (25 Boone Village, Zionsville, IN 46077) - a drop off site for non-perishable food pantry items during business hours.
- Saint Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church (1525 Mulberry Street, Zionsville, IN 46077) - a drop off site for non-perishable food pantry items. Please enter at the front door of the church and locate the bin marked "Caring Center Food Donations" in the lobby.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore Boone County (10650 Andrade Drive, Zionsville, IN 46077) - a drop off site for non-perishable food pantry items during business hours.
General Donation Information and Help Needed
(Please see note for baby beds and car seats below.) Food, clothing and household donations can be dropped off at The Caring Center during regular business hours. Please do not leave donated items outside or on the deck when we are closed. We request that clothing donations are seasonal, clean and in good condition. Furniture and items larger than a microwave can be dropped off at Classic Reruns, 620 Indianapolis Avenue or you can call 765-482-2020 to arrange for pickup of furniture and appliances. Again, we request that these items are in good condition. We do not accept box springs or mattresses.
The Caring Center offers pick up for furniture and large food orders. The truck runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 am -5 pm. Volunteers are needed to help with truck pick ups. Contact The Caring Center to volunteer.
Furniture must be clean, undamaged, and free of stains, mold, urine, blood, animal hair, etc. The item must be located on the main floor and close to an exterior 36" door. If you are donating a sleeper sofa, it needs to be located in a garage or covered porch. The driver has the right to refuse pick-up if the donated item does not meet requirements. A donation receipt will be available for tax purposes for all donated items.
Food donations can be dropped off at the first door on the side of the building and clothing and household items can be dropped off at the second door on the side of the building during regular business hours.
We also need volunteers a few hours each day to help sack groceries and distribute clothing to clients.
We are always in need of the following household items, basically any items you need to set up housekeeping:
|Small kitchen appliances||Blankets|
|Pots & pans||Coffee makers|
|Electric skillets||Indoor grills|
Important as of 29 June 2011: Due to Federal safety requirements and regulations, the Caring Center and Classic Reruns will no longer be able to accept donations of baby beds with adjustable side rails. Only baby beds with stationary sides will be accepted due to the new safety requirements.
In addition, as required by the State of Indiana, donated car seats must be less than five years old. The date can generally be found on the backside of the car seat, sometimes on a label and sometimes it is stamped into the body of the car seat.
- Mowing & Landscaping
- General Building Maintenance
- New doors and hardware at Caring Center
- Roof over back deck