We Need You
"The Caring Center is completely privately funded. It stands as an example of what communities can accomplish when they direct the solutions to difficult and perplexing problems that affect our neighbors."
~Mike Einterz, President The Caring Center Board
Food Pantry/Food Classes
The Caring Center offers a client choice food pantry, which means that families have the flexibility to choose food their family enjoys based around My Plate. Points are given to each family to “spend” on foods that match established nutritional guidelines.
COVID-19 Information for The Caring Center
We are now seeing families in the food pantry with these guidelines:
- Masks are required.
- Take a number from the roll and watch for number to light up in window.
- Only one person in building per family (no children are allowed in the building at this time).
If alternate arrangements are needed call 765-482-2020.
- Monday & Wednesday - 8 am to 2 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday - 11 am to 5 pm
- Note: closed on 3rd Tuesday of each month for Senior Mobile Food Pantry
- Note: closed 4th Thursday of each month for reorganization
- First Saturday of each month - 9 am to Noon
(Have a donation for the food pantry? Please visit our Donations page for information on donating.)
Boone County Senior Mobile Food Pantry
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc. in partnership with The Caring Center provides a once a month mobile food pantry for all seniors age 55 and over. Learn more about the Boone County Senior Mobile Food Pantry.
The Caring Center has monthly meetings to discuss food issues, help manage food dollars and address participant’s immediate needs.
The Caring Center partners with the Purdue Extension to provide weekly hands-on group meeting to explore creative ways of cooking and the value of nutrition.
We meet every Wednesday from 11:30 am – 1 pm at The Caring Center.
How You Can Help
- Donate Food – A list of needed items is posted each month on the Caring Center website and their Facebook page
- Process Donated Food
- Stock and Organize Pantry Shelves