We Need You
"The Caring Center is completely privately funded. It stands as an example of what communities can accomplish when they direct the solutions to difficult and perplexing problems that affect our neighbors."
~Mike Einterz, President The Caring Center Board
Food Pantry/Food Classes
The Caring Center offers a client choice food pantry, which means that families have the flexibility to choose food their family enjoys based around My Plate. Points are given to each family to “spend” on foods that match established nutritional guidelines.
No appointments are necessary; however we ask that if you are a new client, you arrive at least one hour before closing time to ensure enough time for registration and selecting your food items. For existing clients, we ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Monday & Wednesday - 8 am to 2 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday - 11 am to 5 pm
- Note: closed on 3rd Tuesday of each month for Senior Mobile Food Pantry
- Note: closed 4th Thursday of each month for reorganization
- First Saturday of each month - 9 am to Noon
Boone County Senior Mobile Food Pantry
Starting in January 2019, Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc. in partnership with The Caring Center is providing a once a month mobile food pantry, the Boone County Senior Mobile Food Pantry. Learn more about the Boone County Senior Mobile Food Pantry.
The Caring Center has monthly meetings to discuss food issues, help manage food dollars and address participant’s immediate needs.
The Caring Center partners with the Purdue Extension to provide weekly hands-on group meeting to explore creative ways of cooking and the value of nutrition.
We meet every Wednesday from 11:30 am – 1 pm at The Caring Center.
How You Can Help
- Donate Food – A list of needed items is posted each month on the Caring Center website and their Facebook page
- Process Donated Food
- Stock and Organize Pantry Shelves